Are You Spending Your Time Wisely?
If you like to run your own race in life, sales is the perfect career. Unlike most jobs, where your every movement is monitored, a sales career offers you the freedom to work as hard as you like. But have you ever thought through how you actually spend your time? In this post, I?m going to reveal to you some interesting statistics as to how most people spend their time.
As you read this report, I hope you reflect on how you are spending your time. We all have the same 24 hours. Do you live your life to the fullest, making every day of your sales career an?opportunity to score multiple goals or do you plod along, fingers crossed, hoping that you?ll meet your sales targets by good old-fashioned luck?
To show you the value of your time, hopefully the following information will make you stop and take stock of the one asset you have which is in limited supply ? your time.
According to statisticians, I would like to share with you 30 facts about how we use our time:
- You spend 25 years sleeping
- You work for 10.3 years
- You spend 48 days having sex
- Women spend 17 years of their lives trying to lose weight
- You watch TV for 9.1 years
- You spend two years watching commercials
- You spend?1.1 years cleaning
- You spend 2.5 years cooking
- You spend 3.66 years eating, about 67 min a day
- You drive a car for 4.3 years
- You spend three months of your life in traffic, about 38 hours a year
- You spend 1.5 years in the bathroom
- You spend a total of 92 days on the toilet
- You spend 70% of your waking life in front of digital media
- You laugh out loud 290,000 times in your life
- You walk a total of 110,000 miles
- You spend 90% of your time indoors
- You consume .1 teaspoons of alcohol per day
- You have between four and six dreams a night for a?total of 2000 a year
- You fart?402,000 times in your lifetime
- You spend 14 days of your life kissing
- You drink 12,000 cups of coffee
- If you?re more into tea, you drink 48 pounds in your lifetime
- Women spend nearly one year deciding what to wear
- The average man will spend one year staring at a woman
- Women spend eight years their life shopping
- Women spend 1.5 years doing their hair
- An office worker spends five years sitting at a desk
- The average employee spends two years sitting in work meetings
- The average person swears 2,000,000?times
What are you doing right now?
As we are so busy doing the mundane tasks of life, as salespeople?we cannot waste a moment.
Are you falling prey to procrastination? Have you decided that you have made enough sales calls and are not willing to push yourself further?
I challenge you in the coming seven days to take stock of your time. Push yourself?further than you thought possible.
Remember, your sales career will benefit from a more focused approach, but more importantly your success will provide you the financial freedom to live the life you have imagined.